Extemp Practice Questions
USX Practice Questions for October
- How well has the Senate handled the Kavanaugh confirmation process?
- Do public figures have any effective protections against false accusations of misconduct?
- Are higher oil prices a serious threat to the US economy?
- What consequences will the emerging US-China trade war bring?
- Is the Democratic party experiencing an identity crisis?
- Should the United States increase the number of refugees it admits?
- Why does President Trump still not have the financing for his wall?
- Is it time for Robert Mueller to bring his investigation to a close?
- How is the partisan divide over which media sources to trust affecting our democracy?
- Will the GOP retain control of the House of Representatives in the midterms?
USX Practice Questions for September
- What are the biggest hurdles to Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation?
- Will the strong economy allow the GOP to retain control of Congress this November?
- Has President Trump kept his promise to invest in rebuilding America’s infrastructure?
- Is socialism the future of the Democratic Party?
- Is the federal government taking the right approach to aiding communities hit by wildfires?
- What explains the “pink wave” of female candidates for public office?
- Will President Trump’s affinity for tariffs ultimately help or harm the US economy?
- Is this November’s election safe from Russian meddling?
- Can the National Football League successfully balance player safety and fan appeal?
- What is Aretha Franklin’s legacy?
USX Questions for Hispanic Heritage Month (Sep-Oct)
- What should the Democratic Party do to mobilize Hispanic voters this November?
- How can the Republican Party best grow its support among Hispanic voters?
- How should the United States deal with those seeking asylum from troubled Latin American nations?
- Should the United States place greater restrictions on family reunification?
- What should K-12 schools do to help English language learners excel?
- How should K-12 social studies curriculum place more a greater emphasis on Hispanic history and culture?
- Are President Trump’s policies causing a shortage of agricultural labor?
- How can the federal government do more to promote Latino/a/x entrepreneurship?
- What should be done to improve college graduation rates for Latino/a/x students?
- How can allies better support Hispanic communities?
IX Practice Questions for October
- Does the UN Human Rights Council make a difference?
- Should the Afghan government pursue a political settlement with the Taliban?
- Is Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s hatred of Iran justified?
- How can democracies safeguard their elections from external interference?
- What are the biggest barriers to improving relations between North and South Korea?
- Should the US increase pressure on South Sudan’s government to end its civil war?
- Is the US-China relationship at risk of unraveling?
- Is President Trump’s “America First” foreign policy undermining or enhancing U.S. national security?
- What can the international community do to protect the Arctic environment?
- Should the United States place greater emphasis on good relations with Canada?
IX Practice Questions for September
- How likely is Korean reunification to occur in the next ten years?
- What are the greatest challenges facing Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan?
- Should the US be making more of an effort to rebuild its relationship with Turkey?
- How will the economic crisis in Venezuela impact Latin America in 2018?
- How should Pope Francis respond to the Pennsylvania report on child sexual abuse?
- Should the US change its policy toward the civil war in Yemen?
- To what degree has Greece recovered from its financial crisis?
- Is Russia a threat to the Baltic nations?
- What reforms should Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed seek in Ethiopia?
- Will President Trump come to regret pulling the US out of the Iran nuclear deal?