How to Join the Team
1. Register on our website:
- Visit www.msjspeechanddebate.club and click SIGN UP (in the top right of the screen) to create an account.
- After you submit the form, you should receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org saying your registration has been receieved.
- Though unlikely, it is possible the email may end up in your spam folder. If you do not receive this email within 30 minutes of registering, contact your coach or an officer to make sure the form was submitted.
2. Turn in the following forms (you can find them in the Membership Packet):
- Team Standards Commitment
- Emergency Contact Form
- Membership Donation
3. Optional — Join our Facebook group:
- Log in to Facebook and search for "MSJ Speech and Debate" or visit www.facebook.com/groups/1394335527335989/
—— You will receive a second email when your registration is complete and your account has been approved. ——
NOTE: These next two steps are technically optional, but highly recommended. Creating a Tabroom account will allow you to receive round postings via email or text, and access your tournament results and judge feedback. For parents, you will need a Tabroom judge account before you can judge at most tournaments.
4. Create a Tabroom account:
Creating a Tabroom account will allow you to receive round postings via email or text, and access your tournament results and judge feedback. For parents, you will need a Tabroom judge account before you can judge at most tournaments. Either way, a Tabroom account is completely free.
- Visit tabroom.com and click SIGN UP (in the top right of the screen) to create an account.
- After you’ve created the account, you will need to link your account to our team. Students should click the LINK account under Students, parents should click the link under Judges.
- NOTE: If you’ve done this before you've received the email saying your registration is complete, Tabroom may not have you listed with our school yet. If this is the case, please try again in a few days. You can repeat this process by logging in and clicking the appropriate yellow button on the right.
5. Join the National Speech and Debate Association:
Creating an NSDA account will allow you to receive points from competitions, and is required if you are at all considering competing at nationals. An NSDA account will also give you access to additional practice resource, videos from past national championships, scholarship opportunities, and the ability to vote on future debate topics.
- Visit speechanddebate.org/join and fill out the form.
- Note: Creating the account is free. The NSDA charges $25 for a lifetime membership, but this is not required unless you wish to compete at nat quals (and earned at least 25 points). The team will pay your memberships for anyone who earns at least 75 points, but you may join sooner if you wish.
Last updated 3 September 2019